Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HAIR CARE ROUTINE

Hair Care

My hair care treatments:

My hair is extremely dry, especially in the winter months, due to this fact, I am not able to wash my hair everyday. In between washings I use Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo to my roots to help eliminate any natural oils from showing in my hair.

When I do wash my hair I ALWAYS use a hair treatment conditioner first. Believe it or not I always get my treatments from the Dollar Tree! They are cheap and effective. The name of the one I am currently using Healthy Hair Nourishing Essentials Revitalizing Hair Mask.

First, I wet my hair and put the treatment on, letting it set for 3-5 minutes

Next I rinse my hair and shampoo. I always use an anti dandruff shampoo to wash my hair as my scalp is so dry. I don't have a set shampoo product that I consistently use, it is usually something I found on sale, clearance, or the Dollar Tree.

The anti dandruff shampoo I am using now is Garnier Fructis Pyrithione Zinc Anti Dandruff Shampoo

Clearance $2 @ Kmart

When washing I really make sure I work the shampoo deep into my scalp and roots to not only cleanse but to treat the dandruff, then I rinse it out.

Lastly, for conditioning I use any brand heat protecting conditioner, or any dry treatment conditioner, leave in for 1-2 minutes and rinse. Right now I am using Dove Heat Defense Therapy.

After towel drying my hair I always use a wide toothed comb to brush out any tangles in my hair. It is best to do this because when your hair is wet it can stretch, and brushing it may pull the hairs enough to break them at the ends, or pull them out.

After combing, I then spray a heat protectant, or leave in conditioner, concentrated on my ends, and then all over my head. The heat protectant  I am using now is Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray.

I like to let my hair 90% air dry, and 10% blow dry. The first day after washing I usually flat iron my hair.

Other treatments I use frequently are hot oil treatments. These treatments are great to help restore hairs health and not to mention it gives you a great healthy shine!

These hair treatments can also be found at the dollar tree!


                                                                All products used

So there you have it! It doesn't take a lot of money to have beautiful healthy hair, you just need to know where to get fine products at a great price!

Mandz
XOXO