Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 2011 FAVS!

FAVORITES! December 2011

Criteria-Used on a regular basis, always find myself reaching for the same products time after time.

Lately I’ve been in a makeup rut due to my skin sensitivity issues.

When I do utilize my makeup routine, these products are my stand bys!






Left to right: Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder, Neutrogena 20-Fresh Sheer Highlighting Powder, Too Faced Naked Eye Palette, "Brow Powder," Jordana 37-Blushing Rose Blush Powder, Wet & Wild Gel Liner 866-Black


Left to right: Ruby Kisses Rep 01-Eyeshadow Magic Primer, Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascera-Glam Black, Covergirl Fresh Complexion Concealer-Creamy Natural

I find myself doing a more "fresh faced" routine when I am getting ready for work.
I usually start by putting the Ruby Kisses Magic Eye Shadow Primer all over my eye lids and brows, then filling in ONLY the bottom portion of brows in an arch like formation with a brow pencil.

Next, I use an angled eyeliner brush to fill in the top portion of my brows with the darkest shade of the "Brow Powder."

Then, I put Cover Girls Fresh Complexion Concealer in Creamy Natural on my under eye circles, and any blemishes and blend out with a duo fiber foundation brush. Then, taking a Concealer brush I apply a loose powder to the areas I have concealed.

For my face, I put powder all over, followed by the Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder with a powder brush, also contouring my cheekbones, temples, and forehead.

Finally, while smiling, I apply blusher-Neutrogena Fresh Sheer Highlighting Blush, or Jordana Blushing Rose Powder, to the apples of my cheeks.

As for eye makeup, I do not usually apply unless I am going out for the evening or a special event. When I do go out, I find the color Birthday Suit in the Too Faced Naked Eye palette to be my favorite blending transition color. I apply it to my crease to help blend out harsh lines, or for definition.

I have recently started experimenting with different lipstick shades. I had always associated them with old ladies and didn’t feel the need to wear a bright smile. While doing my experimentations I have noticed that sometimes that bright smile really makes the whole look pop!

Lately I have been totally obsessed with NYX round lipstick line, my favorite colors are #592-Baby Pink, #504-Harmonica, and #617-Summer Love. They are totally creamy nourishing lipsticks, and don’t have that cheap perfume smell to them. Absolutely love them!

A new NYX purchase I have recently made was the Soft Matte Lip Cream in the color SML C03-Tokyo. The color goes on smoothly, and can be very opaque when applied correctly. I like to use this shade over the color baby pink, to give it a little more pop.





Side Notes:

NYX cosmetics are only sold in some drug stores, ULTA, and online at their website www.nyxcosmetics.com

Too Faced Cosmetics are also sold at ULTA, or at www.toofaced.com

As for Ruby Kisses Cosmetics, as far as I know those can only be purchased at your local beauty supply store

All other products mentioned can be purchased at your local drug store

That’s a wrap for my December go to’s

Hope you enjoyed and will try some of the listed products for yourself!

Mandz
XOXO